Next up was the braided fabric collar necklace I saw while at AC Moore. This one proved to be more difficult for someone young to do than the angel. And it took a lot more time. My son did not finish his though he had fun braiding the fabric. I may do an alternate version where we forgo the braiding and perhaps do a fabric collage on the backing material (which is a thick felt). We’ll see.
On mines, which is finished, I tried drawing an Afro face on the buttons. It didn’t work out so well. I then added faces from construction paper onto a few of the buttons. That looked better. I didn’t make very good color choices but overall I like the project. I will still have to tweak it a bit to do with patients and probably precut the fabric, chain, and felt.